Apparitions are white, flying spirits that fly through the map on a curved path. They're harmless and offer rewards upon kill. They also appear randomly on the field.
They drop 3 skill points and increase their health every time they're killed.
Gemcraft Chapter 2: Chasing ShadowsEdit
They first appear in Field F4. Upon killing it, they drop shadow cores, mana and EXP. They're announced by a little black bar that pops-up across the screen and its accompanying noise at the launch of the waves preceding its appearance.
- The correct shrine needs to be chosen and aimed correctly to kill it by shrine.
- If a shadow with high HP is met, yellow gems in Gemcraft Labyrinth and yellow-black gems in Gemcraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows are best against them.
- Additionally, if multiple shadows are present on the field simultaneously, kill them first.
- It's best to use a Beam enchantment spell to kill an Apparition in Gemcraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows.
- Apparitions can be killed by towers, spells, and shrines.
- If an Apparition is still on the field after all preceding waves have been beaten, then the player can kill it or wait until it flies away.
- After killing a high number of apparitions, they become nearly impossible to kill in Gemcraft Labyrinth at low waves.
- Apparitions are easier to kill in GC2: CS.
- In Gemcraft Labyrinth, they're black.
- Apparitions have the max mana limit (99999).